Tuesday, October 10, 2017

Don't Think Snow - Think perspective

This Impressionist painting has great depth. The cabs and buildings on the right side all pointing to the light in the distance.

I don't remember the artist but everytime I see it in the Columbus Art Museum I am taken with it like no other painting.  I remember as a young man with my dad we were working in the woods late in the evening, we had been cutting wood and it was beginning to snow just like this.

How do catch a moment in time I talked about it yesterday with Monet's "Wind Blown Trees".

Being out in the weather and the place where you can see the sky and earth come together you get the feeling for these pieces of the true nature of Nature.

Starting to paint and build up to this degree of masterpiece. The use of orange and yellows the contrast of the blues. The darks and grays blend into the wall.

Anyway keep your brushes wet and get out your snow shoes.

0 comments:

Post a Comment