Tuesday, July 26, 2016

Sunflowers began to bloom today!

If you don't know by now Vincent Van Gogh is my personal artist hero. In 1888 he had painted 7 sunflower paintings, Five of which still are with us, one was lost in WWII in Japan, and another just gone with a private collector or who knows what.

I have over many years now painted sunflowers from a giant one in the bathroom to little watercolor studies yet I still feel I haven't touched the "soul " of the flower like Van Gogh did all those years ago.

I love to grow them in my flowerbeds they tower over all the other flowers and the head follows the sun across the sky.
 Yesterday I went out and did a quick sketch of two of these giants just to get back into the swing of what they feel like.

Well like pop says keep at it and you'll get sooner than later.

0 comments:

Post a Comment