Friday, July 22, 2016

Hold on to the smooth handle!

Our second president Mr. Jefferson wrote out several "ideas to live by" and one that always hit me is Pick up things by the smooth handle.

In art we sometimes try to make the layout, or composition too challenging. To the place where you get discouraged and quit. Some people quit before they start. Well you can't paint like that! Other folks say that they are scared or afraid to make a mistake, I say paint afraid draw with a little fear.but at least try! That's when you learn, especially in art, mistakes are so beneficial. I learned more by making a mistake because I can then correct or add it to the piece!

You and I need to find the smooth handle of our life in our art work and in everyday living.

And oh by the way you got paint on you!
Uncle Bud

0 comments:

Post a Comment