Thursday, July 21, 2016

Monet and Picasso in Columbus, Ohio

Last week we went to the Columbus Art Museum to see a few masterpieces especially "Monet and family" His step daughter and son-in-law  had two pictures hanging in the impressionist gallery.

Much to our surprise Picasso was on hand to show off his early works when he started to move away from realism to cubism.  The play he designed and the costumes and all his plates and pottery.

The paintings of Claude Monet still had the sparkle of freshly painted works of art. Wow I respect and admire  all of the impressionist.

I remember something an American art critic said many years ago, " If you are looking for American Artist they are all in France." I can see why I would have loved to be near the old Master, maybe pick up a few tips and see his process.

I'm not sure how long the special exhibit of Picasso is showing but I highly recommend it and the Columbus Art Museum!

0 comments:

Post a Comment