Thursday, June 29, 2017

Lettering for a Friend

Many years ago I paint this truck for my friend Todd. I suppose I have painted for him and his family for over twenty years.

Todd is the kind of person that can do almost thing and repair work. He hauls gravel or will tear down a house. I have lettered many trucks and machines for him. This dump truck was just one we did 4 or 5 years ago.

Lettering by hand was a skill  I had to learn over a long period of time. As well as composition. There is more to it than just painting. You must learn how to handle a brush, and yes you need to keep it wet!

I enjoy painting in many forms. Yesterday I was able to give my nurse from the clinic a painting I did this year. She was so happy and that in turn made me happy. She said," This makes it all worth it." The great Doctors and Nurses at OSU James Cancer Center are the very best! They want the best for their patients and all are professional.

Painting has lead me across the United States, I have painted in many places and saw so many other places of historical importance. I now take a sketch book with me every where.

Keep your sketch book with you and keep your brushes wet.

0 comments:

Post a Comment