Friday, June 30, 2017

Wet on Wet Watercolor


I heard an old Russian woman on TV talk about her art, she said, "Favorite style of art I don't have, I like them all."

I thought how interesting, a favorite I don't have. This painting is a watercolor wet on wet to show the reflections of the sky and trees.  I call it "Sunset in the Deep Woods." I did it with a small brush and then did a splatter at the end.

These are fun and I have on YouTube two or there little videos I did awhile back on how to do these kind of paintings. Check it out.

This is a 140 pound paper and a travel set of colors. Watercolor is an old form but not the oldest form of painting. I think it came along in the 1830's or 1840's. Here again the lead tube and discovery of metallic and other types of minerals helped move color down the line. The Cobalt and ultramarine blues, and so many others.


I enjoy these quick little sketches, I do them fast on purpose I don't let my self think about the design or patterns I just paint.

Just keep the brush wet and paint on!

0 comments:

Post a Comment