Wednesday, June 7, 2017

Some Things you Can't Paint

Some things you can't paint! This can be represented, it can be drawn. But to see it and feel it  I don't think you can capture it!

I know the old masters painted the great moments in history. But to me this is a great moment.

I'm reading a book by Jean Renoir called, My Father. It is a biography of Auguste Renoir from the inside so to speak. As one of the Impressionist with Monet and Pissaro and others, in fact I would say a founding member. I find myself relating to him in the fact he did large murals on walls in different businesses. I too have done the very same thing early in my career. His were not the same as mine I'm sure. ( his were better)

Renoir painted as a workman, he never felt as though he was an "Artiste"  in the sense that he was a person that painted everyday and always wore the old fashioned working mans smock.  He worked with his hands painting in later years in unbelievable pain, he had crippling Arthritis. His hands were crippled with the deformed disease.

Monet went almost blind, Renoir's hands were crippled, and Beethoven was deaf, yet they were geniuses. Still able to create!

So I will say to you keep painting and drawing, and keep your brushes wet!

0 comments:

Post a Comment