Saturday, June 24, 2017

Black Birch on Black Canvas

I find I paint a lot of trees. I like this one because of the river and the reflections. It looks as if the ice has melted and is moving down stream.

This is a "Bob Ross" style painting with liquid clear and liquid white. I used Prussian blue and crimson. This give a purple hue to the whole painting.

I notice, and may have said this before, but I have lots of fence in the paintings I do. If you look in the lower left hand corner there is a fence. I wonder if it has to do with boarders? Or maybe limits, or keeping people in or out? What do you think Doctor? LOL

Anyway I like the over all effect. The depth in the back ground, the reflections in the water and the ice flow. Black canvases are more and more in vogue these days. I recommend that you try one.

So keep your brushes wet and get a black canvas!

1 comment: