Sunday, June 4, 2017

Natural Beauty

I sat in the woods the other day on our weekend Vacation. I saw this tree that had blown over and was caught in the pin of the surrounding trees.

Natural beauty is often times the bizarre  and unusual and that is what makes it interesting. I notice the more I am out painting or drawing I re-learn things that I knew but forgot or maybe just learned. For example I knew about the under-story of trees and leaves. This is the little trees and bushes that make up the first layer of growth in a woods. Next is the upper story or the taller trees and middle level.  This is what we want to represent in out drawings and paintings to give our project life.

This woods is near the Sleeping Bear Dunes in Michigan. I have walked this woods more than once. When you are in a woods and are quite you can hear yourself. You can commune with God and your inner self. I think sometimes people don't like to do that, but I do. Sitting and drawing just being quite.

Anyway this is today's offering I do hope you like it because sometimes Natural beauty is very different but beautiful just the same.

So sharpen your pencils and keep your brushes wet!

0 comments:

Post a Comment