Monday, June 5, 2017

Thumbnail Sketch with Reflections

I constantly work on little sketches and reflections. putting in different trees and composition Ideas. These sketches help when you are later painting or drawing a "for real" project.

I would imagine we or you get up everyday with a plan on what you will work on today. Either you must go to your work, or you own your own business and need to make it work. Well its the same with your painting and drawing. You need a plan and you need to practice.

All these sketches add up, sometimes as I wait for my wife in the parking lot I will draw a set of trees or a goose or birds. Some make it into drawing or paintings later. I also find I have a reference to weird things I may need at that time. Then I can have a more accurate drawing.

This was in Michigan in the north-woods on the Lake and the reflections were jumping out because the sun was setting. Pencil drawings are for the most part easily done and not a lot of preparation needed,

So as always keep your pencils sharp and your brushes wet!

0 comments:

Post a Comment