Tuesday, June 13, 2017

Stage Time Equals Canvas Time

My friend Darren La Croix a public speaker and former comedian. Says in order to be a good public speaker you need Stage Time. In other words get in front of people with you on a stage Talking!!!!!

People ask me how did you get so good at drawing and painting? Well I draw a lot! I paint all I can, and I study all about it. I watch videos about painting I read books about other painters and I go to Museums. And now I can watch YouTube with certain details on problem areas, i.e. Rocks or Mountains. How to paint reflections. Etc.

Now here is the big shock... not every canvas is a Masterpiece. Some are good, some are great, and some well how can we start the fire. Renoir would regularly burn hundreds of watercolors and some canvases. What ???!!  Every canvas he did had to be priceless.  But even Renoir understood not all are great. Plus the value of the ones on display increase. So practice, practice, and more practice.

Baseball players, Basketball and Football players all practice early and late. Did you become great at your job over night? Stage time Canvas time... Draw and paint all you can.

So keep your brushes wet and practice. Paint on....

0 comments:

Post a Comment