Tuesday, June 27, 2017

I Can Do That

I have a friend that paints everything she sees. She also submits her paintings in different shows as well. One day she said I understand you paint would you look at my painting? I did and it was so different from my style I didn't understand it. She painted in a realistic way but just different from me.

I was surprised she had won an award for that painting, I did not really like it, but still I would never criticize another persons art work. I began to look more critical at my own work. Was I doing my best, was I saying something with the art, or as Renoir said, "Just paint and capture the soul of the piece "

So do I submit my art to various show? Do I dare? What if no one likes it? When it is your baby and you display it you may feel exposed almost naked.

So now I feel I must get in a show. A long time ago I was in several shows and won some awards.  Gulp, will I do it again or do I rest on the awards from way back when?

Stay tuned kids, Lets see if Pops got the stomach fer it? I mean really can I do it???? I don't know.

Okay keep your brushes wet and enter an art show! I can do that!

0 comments:

Post a Comment