Saturday, June 3, 2017

Little Platte Lake, Mi - Birch Trees


The First morning in Michigan I drew this quick sketch. These two Birch trees framed the lake and the sun was just up for the day.

I wanted to do a quick rendering so I could get the feel of the atmosphere. The orange and yellow of the sun rising in the morning the rough bark of the trees and they were in a shadow because the sun was blasting in the east.

The lake was like a sheet of glass. So smooth, the different temperature of the water and the earth let the steam roll in. Like a wreath circling the lake.

The far hills of the Sleeping Bear Sand Dunes framing the whole Platte lake. Reflections far away and clear water. This place brings peace to your heart.

I could see an artist spending lots of time up here drawing and painting. Truly you want to keep your brushes wet and your pencils sharp as you walk and drive through here.

I have a few other pieces I will be showing. In the next few days, so enjoy your weekend!
Dip in and keep 'em Wet!

0 comments:

Post a Comment