Tuesday, June 6, 2017

Bob Ross on the Betsie River

If you have ever watched Bob Ross painting on PBS or YouTube or even his own website then you know he would have liked this scene. This is down stream from the dam on Love road and the Dam road. When I was a kid that always made me laugh.

Anyway this was the best Coho and trout stream around. I have drawn it many times. I like this Picture of it because of the way the sun in the afternoon was hitting the water. Notice the different greens in this one spot. A dark green in the back ground, the bright green in the fore ground. The almost olive green in the water.

Something I notice is the white of the birch trees. The black or dark of the banks. The tumble of the logs from a long past storm. Doesn't that just draw you into this picture lets try to capture that in our art work!

There is a story here and as an artist I feel we must tell it!

Well lets keep our brushes wet and our pencils sharp!

0 comments:

Post a Comment