Sunday, July 31, 2016

Lighthouse crazy!

This lighthouse picture is a combination of several ideas. Love the sky, Like the trees, I need to work on the rocks, but the water hangs in there. The house and Lighthouse I like but I see so much more I could do to it.

How many times have you painted a scene and thought if I could just change this or that. Yet the more you try the worse it gets? ( I have) Do what I do set the painting aside, get away from it. Then at a much later date come back to it then do small changes, clean up an area and see if it  holds together with the whole composition.

Someone once said,"A painting is never done you just stop." I truly believe that. Some painters believe the piece takes on a life of it's own and then it's done. Regardless  of  your idea when it's a finished painting we can take time to work on making our painting better by asking someone to give you honest an critique.


This was a big change for me at the time I did this and it was fun. I have had several folks say they liked it but I see things that need touched up and changed maybe the next one will be better.


But really Lighthouses just make me crazy to find a paint brush!

0 comments:

Post a Comment