Monday, August 1, 2016

Impressionist scenery and design

If you have any artistic talent and know one person they will ask you if you can help with their project.
 Be careful you will be tempted to say:" Yes! I'll help you, "

Now that is fine but remember help me means you will do all the work.  LOL
 Now don't misunderstand I love to do this stuff!!!!! and have for over 40 years. I've done countless High School Musicals and plays, my wife has me every season do a new "team
theme"  for her baton squads (love to do it) but you can get in a corner real easy. Just saying. learn to say No at the right time.

Now I do impressionistic scenery because lighting and distance is involved you don't have to paint every line and twig, or pole, or whatever. Let the viewer get their impression and the actors have a place to play. I always design either with pen and ink or watercolors first and then layout what is important and build on that.  This won an award for best scenery in 2014. My team and I had a blast doing this one and we have done some crazy stuff!

Painting on a larger scale takes some planning but it is very rewarding!!!

So Yes or No that is up to you but if you do, stick to it and try an impressionistic style!
Give me the saw and a paint brush.......


0 comments:

Post a Comment