Thursday, August 4, 2016

Proud Poppa

You can tell I'm a painter I have paint on almost every pair of pants, shoes, and shirts I own. The apron is just to catch the big stuff.

This is another canvas of the Point Betsie  Lighthouse. This is done in acrylics on stretched 16 x 20 canvas then glazed over with a clear coat.

I did the sky and sand dune area in relationship to one another, and I used yellow tinted white for the actual lighthouse. The roof is a mix or alizarin crimson and burnt sienna  with white trim.

This was from a photograph I took about 1993 or '94. This picture flew off my shelf as several family members wanted it.
I have done a dozen watercolors of the the same scene and every time some one wants it. That is okay, that's why I paint it, to bring enjoyment to others and myself.

Every time I paint I want to get better, that's my goal. get a little bit better day by day. It is one of the reasons I paint almost everyday.

So your challenge for today is to paint, draw, or watercolor some little project for 30 days. Lets all raise our brushes in salute!

Sorry I got carried away.....

0 comments:

Post a Comment