Sunday, August 14, 2016

You've got Mail!

Sometimes you just want to try something, sometimes you just gotta play. That is what this painting says to me let's play.

It is our mailbox and its been banged up a little. The snowplow wacks it, kids try to hit it with cans, and a driver or two has bumped it. It still stands.

It was a very clear day when I painted this. I took my artist license and bent the rules making it without any distance or perspective.

The grasses were fun to paint and add flowers, as well as some interest to the slope of the ground. I made the post more wood like and the mailbox metallic.

I  notice there are times when I paint only for myself. Shyly I offer this for your eyes but be kind this old mailbox has been badly used. It's brought me lots of stuff, good and bad.

Well I think I'll go see if I have any mail.

0 comments:

Post a Comment