Saturday, August 27, 2016

One of the First Bob Ross paintings

Sometimes you need to look back to see ahead. In 1986 I began to try to paint like Bob Ross and Bill Alexander. This is one of the first paintings that made it through the pitch and repaint pile.

I framed it and have been rather proud of it but as I've gotten a little better with my oil painting, I see all of my mistakes, but Bob said we don't make mistakes we have happy accidents. Well I have learn so much from my mistakes that its hard to remember them all! And that's no accident!!!!

This painting has depth of field, mountains and snow, as well as the "S" curve so popular with 19th century painters.  I like the grasses in the front of the painting. The reflections aren't to bad, but man I could use some help on the trees!

Well now it is 30 years later and I think I'm getting better.

Okay let work on our trees and get your Magic white out!!!!

0 comments:

Post a Comment