Wednesday, August 10, 2016

How Do you Eat an Elephant?

How do you eat an elephant? One bite at a time.
This just means if its a big project break it down to smaller increments.

This was my first try ever to paint an elephant. I was watching Jerry Yarnell on PBS TV. He did an elephant with it's baby on the  Africa savanna.

I decided to try his composition. This was from memory, I see now I should have gotten references and taken more time to bring up the light. I could of expanded the background, worked more on the elephants.  But I tried!!

If we try one bite at a time, we can do almost anything we put our minds to (and with a reference picture.)

If you are first time painter or doing drawing, practice using a model or get pictures of your subject.  I promise it will help you to see things you never saw before. this will make you a better Artist.

Now I have to make some big bread for my Elephant sandwich.

0 comments:

Post a Comment