Friday, August 12, 2016

The Birch Wood and Shadows

This was a very fun painting, it is complementary colors of Blue and Yellow as the background and fore ground.

To me this is just a feel good painting. I was going for a forest with those evening shadows and leaves on the floor of the woods.

In the middle ground you can see the far trees and another woods. If you have spent five minutes in a woods you can see the trees and under story in a lighter tone in the distance.

The Birch trees have always caught my attention. First people made quick canoes from this tree, and the bark is almost like paper. On vacation in Northern Michigan and Canada I would always draw on the bark that I found on the ground. (Respect the Trees.)

The Shadows I painted in with a wash of color and the leaves were dabs of straight paint. The limbs and vines also add interest leading your eye through the painting.

I hope you enjoy this offering today and as always these painting are for sale. ( I gotta buy more paint and canvas)






1 comment:

  1. Birch forests are home to an amazing mushroom called Chaga. I drink it steeped as tea C: Love your paintings, Grandpa <3

    ReplyDelete