Wednesday, August 24, 2016

All Aboard!

This is CSX train 360 in northern Ohio, and is a commission piece for my good friend David.

I did a gray neutral under painting then with gesso did my sky and grass areas with the trees and dark's laid in to accent the lights later.

The gravel road bed was a light grey with a toothbrush splatter of several colors to appear like rocks and gravel.

I also put in the sky holes in the far trees to accent the negative space.
in the foreground I used all the colors of the painting to show the bush and bring everything together.

The Train needed to show perspective and curve back into the painting. This leads your eye into the painting and helps you linger over the details. The last thing you do is the first thing people see.

Well lets get our camera and click away and find something cool to paint!

0 comments:

Post a Comment