Monday, September 4, 2017

Angle and Pivot

The human body needs to pivot and follow angles to move correctly. The artist needs to sketch those shapes and find those directions.

For years I drew like Michelangelo or Rubens but for what ever reason I could not get it just right. I wanted to draw comic book art. (Superhero's like Spiderman, Superman, and the Hulk.)

Now at a little more advanced age I draw like me. The more I "see" the more I feel I get better at drawing the shapes in front of me.

One of the things I find so hard to believe is that at the age of 25 Michelangelo was doing some of his greatest work. The City of Rome is his gallery.

I wanted to do a quick sketch of how the body moves in different ways. Our trunk goes one way our hips and legs another. The spine gives us that flexibility until we mess with it either on paper, or by cutting down trees or playing ball at age 35.

Well its time to sharpen our pencils and wet the brushes for the next project.

0 comments:

Post a Comment