Saturday, January 21, 2017

Alpine Vista

This is what I call a tall boy 12 inches by 24 inches.
I had used this canvas to paint a textured painting last year, but I did not like it at all! So she sat and looked at me for awhile. Then as I picked up some of my "wet on wet" Bob Ross style paintings, and Boom!

I did the magic white in the center and began to paint the Prussian Blue first letting it fad out to the sides of the painting.  I then took a Burnt Sienna and Prussian blue and a touch of Alizarin crimson for the mountain color.
The Titanium white and Prussian blue are the two colors for the highlight and shadows.

I use the dark Mountain color for the trees and foliage and use the shadow color for the highlight showing snow.

The Alpine vista is just a picture in my mind, and could it be the Matterhorn? or some other  Majestic mountain.
We don't know yet. LOL

I want you to visualize your next picture.

Well Uncle Bud says. "Keep them brushes wet."

0 comments:

Post a Comment