Sunday, January 22, 2017

What do I Paint????

I was a president of a Toastmasters International Club in my local town, and a District Governor for Ohio, West Virginia, and Kentucky USA.
Toastmasters is a club to help you become a better speaker, so... you have to speak ( oh no) yes!

I would hear all the time, "What do I speak about?"

Now that I paint and have this blog people ask me, "What do I Paint?"

I Say what do you know? What do you see, and what do you want people to know about you?

What do you want to give to the world? In Toastmasters I told people to look in the junk draw and randomly pick some thing out and talk about it. A friend of mine spoke on peanut butter and I learned more in 10 minutes about peanut butter than I ever wanted to know. LOL

I was very sick last winter and could only look out my window, but my view was of a Blue spruce and my bird feeders, guess what I painted. Yup!
If you can see it you can paint it. Frank Clarke from "Simply Painting" on PBS ( simplypainting .com) said, "Start with and easy subject paint that." Then add harder and harder subjects.

Vincent Van Gogh said, "I paint what I see but I leave out the obvious."
Monet "Looked for the light and atmosphere,"

I know in Toastmasters they said find your voice, I say in painting find your style, and build on your subjects. paint what you know,

Well kids  lets "keep our brushes wet!" You could paint a paint brush!

0 comments:

Post a Comment