Saturday, January 28, 2017

What Paint on What Canvas

These paintings are on Canvas board, and all are done with acrylics. I was interested in the backgrounds of each one.

Starting from the left to right, the fence post is a reddish sky blended to the white and Light side. The flower painting was under-painted  with a teal color very wet, then with an air bottle I sprayed the wet paint around to make drips and "weeds" going different direction.

Next the Chicken / Rooster, I painted the checker board after I did the painting and used burnt sienna to rub an antique look on the board.
Finally the sunflower where I painted a violet back ground. Violet is the complement to the yellow and draws your eye to the flower.

Why did I use canvas board? Well, simple, at the time I wanted to save the cash for some better paint. I used the liquidtex Basics, again because it was less expensive.  If you go to the Hobby Lobby store they have a great art supply area and you can spend what you want to or can afford.
or go to : www,hobbylobby.com

I'll be talking more about this in the coming days. Well go buy some brushes and get them wet!

0 comments:

Post a Comment