Sunday, January 1, 2017

A Day with the Boys and Van Gogh

As advertised yesterday a couple of my boys and I went to CAM (Cincy Art Museum) and I think it was a big Wow for all of us, myself included. We toured the halls of one the finest Museums in Ohio with some very old art and the special exhibit of Vincent Van Gogh and company.

By the way it was Excellent!

We saw Monet, Renoir, and Mary Cassatt and many more!!!! Picasso, Courbet, Remington, and the list goes on.

I would venture to say that hundreds if not Thousands saw this fine exhibit in the time they displayed it.
It was not just Van Gogh, but Barbizon painters as well showing the progression of painting during that time frame. Into Impressionist, to Post-impression to Expressionism.

Then... and then, Dan and Jon took me to Camp Washington to eat  Coneys and chilly yum! But that was not all, we stopped by Cabella's  to look at the "free zoo" as my granddaughters  call it.

What a great day I know we will have to go back and spend some more time there at the Museum.
I did some sketching and took lots of pictures.

By the way you have until Jan. 8th if you are in the area to see this great display of art.
www.cincinnatimuseumof art.com

Keep your brushes wet and view on!







0 comments:

Post a Comment