Thursday, September 1, 2016

Light the Light

 This is a classic lighthouse design. I started with Masonite hardboard tinted with burnt sienna. I drew my design and began to paint sky and sea, then moving to the dark background colors. Then on top of that as it was dry I painted the rocks and grasses. I also painted the plain bold colors of the buildings and lighthouse.

I am drawn to lighthouses, no pun intended, I have painted tons of them. On my pintrest page I have saved many of the Great Lakes Lighthouse, as well as seen many of them in person.

This painting makes me feel as though it is in the northern part of Maine or northeast United States.

I think the lighthouse is a metaphor about lighting our way in life or maybe helping us see our way to friends and family.

Well it's time to light up the old lighthouse.

0 comments:

Post a Comment