Saturday, January 6, 2018

Fill in the blanks

I have drawn and painted for other people but I hear things like, "Why didn't you finish it." Or, "I want it bigger." Or, " You should...." (fill in the blank)

Well I draw what I see or feel.  Just because you don't see it doesn't mean it is not there. It used to really bother me but it doesn't so much any more. You see I learned to please myself first with my art then I hope you like it.

Don't get me wrong if I do a piece for you as a commissioned work I will try to please you. I see now by making me as happy as possible usually I will make you happy too.

I realized that not everyone sees what I do or don't.

I believe that a good piece of art will stand on it's own. You are drawn to it, go to the museum and look at the various art works on the  walls. You see the good right away. Even the crazy abstract wild pieces.

Well keep looking and fill in the blanks and keep your brushes wet.


0 comments:

Post a Comment