Tuesday, January 30, 2018

Paint from Memory

This is a real place. It is called Dunn's pond and Turkey Island. I remember one morning all the Turkey buzzards Setting on the high spots with wings spread out to dry off after being in the morning dew.

I used acrylics on this painting to a very wet canvas. The Idea was to almost have a watercolor yet keep the heavy body in the trees of acrylic.

This was given to a friend who helped Kathy and I last year. she lives very close to Dunn's Pond.

My Dad said in the 1930's they would fish near here and old men would fry bacon for their lunch. I suppose along with the fish they caught. Yum Fish and Bacon sandwich. In the wild.

I painted this from memory in 2016. We all have those places where we could  use our memory to pick a place and paint.

Keep your brushes wet and your  memory sharp.

0 comments:

Post a Comment