Thursday, January 11, 2018

This Winter is Crazy

I love the simplicity of this painting. The light in the back ground, the snow flying at you. The carriages with the horses head down into the snow.

So far this year it has been crazy.  The first of the year with 15 days of cold and snow.  The below zero temperature.

The ability to capture this painting is remarkable to me I would imagine he painted it from his studio. But knowing the Impressionist they would stand out in the weather and paint. Now he may have done a thumbnail  sketch then painted it inside.

I notice the older I get the more I dislike the cold. The snow is fine if I don 't have to get out in it.

This winter is crazy. I have lived through some years that were worse. 1977 was sooooo cold and 1978 was the blizzard. 25 inches of snow and roof top drifts. On top of that was a new baby, good old Dan! Forty years ago.

Well get your brushes wet and stay warm.

0 comments:

Post a Comment