Friday, February 9, 2018

Looking for these?

This is a group of unwanted weeds, usually.  But this winter I would love to see a few. Dandy Lions.
Yes they would make a good painting. Better yet they would make a good seasonal change.

People have though the ages made many things from this pest. When I first moved here it looked as if I had planted a yard full of the yellow menace.
Some people like my uncle made dandelion wine.
Others will discard the flower and make a dish called "greens" and they cook them with oils and other spices.

If I would do anything with them it would be to paint or draw them. Yet today I would take a half of a yard full of them so I could mow them. I guess we only have 6 weeks of winter according to Mr. Groundhog. So we can put up with that a little longer.

My advice for today then is grab a piece of paper and start drawing Dandy Lions!

Keep you yard mowed and your brushes wet.

0 comments:

Post a Comment