Thursday, February 2, 2017

Oval Beginnings - High Hopes

High hopes is how we start most paintings, I think its that new adventure into what could be.

This Painting is a 18 inch by 24 inch canvas with a 16 inch by 20 inch oval cut out out of contact paper and stuck on to help me stay in the lines.

The sky is pthalo blue and a touch of pink on the distant trees and clouds.  The brown in the foreground is the shadow and dark for the next layer of trees to come.

So far so good .... I am happy with the plan and Idea.  The shape is pleasing and the colors are working.

My brushes are working with me not against me - smile.

In the next post we will see what happens, do I pull it off another decent painting? Or will our hero battle the the forces of "Happy Accidents " ?  Will it all go bust? That and more to come.

Keep your Brushes wet, and your mouse pad clean!

0 comments:

Post a Comment