Thursday, February 2, 2017

Oval Painting or Happy Accident?

So... yesterday was chemo day so I didn't get to post. I thought I would give you two today. I may stick with this guy for a while because It didn't just go right.  Most of it is just fine. The leaves in the trees to the right were not what I wanted them to look like.

So lets do a postmortem, (play Taps)
The trees and bushes on the left look good they have dark and light, the path leads the eye into the painting. But the Right, well now those trees in the back I like, yet the tree in front is not showing enough contrast and the leaf pattern doesn't show the high lights to my liking.

I will take it back in the studio and rework those areas that need it. I will use my fan brush to bring out those highlights. I will take Indian yellow and yellow ocher for a mix with white and liquid white to do a lighter yellow and cream leaf pattern. look for the Repair tomorrow or look for smoke where this is burnt in disgrace.

Well I gotta get these brushes wet See ya! PUT THOSE MATCHES AWAY!!!!


0 comments:

Post a Comment