Tuesday, February 28, 2017

Hand Drawn with a Line

Draw a line now put a dot on that line. To me this is the beginning of art. It is the first part of an drawing or painting. Everything must have a first point. In fact even before that it must take place in your mind.

If Drawing is seeing and then translated into a line or curve with light and shadow plus the middle tones then understanding of that concept in your mind is the true beginning of art.

It's been said that laughter, smiles,  speech, and Art make us human. I think my dog smiles at me and sometimes even laughs a me, but she can not draw so Ha! The other little dog will "talk" to me at the door she'll bark to say, "Let Me in."

I would encourage you to draw a line and put a dot on it or draw with your kids and friends. In fact let get our brushes out and get them wet!

0 comments:

Post a Comment