Thursday, February 9, 2017

Lets Do far out Paintings




In art school my professor said I should SLOW down. Yes I am a fast painter, always have been. Zooming through projects "get 'er done" yes sir. I guess you could say I was the original "Larry the Cable guy" only I was " Uncle Bud the painter-man."

His Idea to help me to slow down was to paint a fish in the ocean only he took a line drawing and divided up the painting up into many parts. For example in this picture you would start in a corner and wiggle and draw to the bottom to the top.
I will do one of these coming up soon.
 Now do that three more times. Then paint your underwater scene using simple color and every other space is a different color. I would suggest the first time you do this just use two colors and leave the background out. ( think like a checkerboard)

This is a great early artist project or a kids to do day, like a snow day or rainy day project. And you don't have to Paint a 12 foot by 12 foot painting you can do a small sheet of art paper or even your notebook paper.

Okay Picasso Juniors this one is for you!!!
Oh yes, Keep your brushes wet and your feet dry!




0 comments:

Post a Comment