Saturday, February 25, 2017

Twin Pine Farm

Many years ago I planted two Pine trees near  the corner of my property, this was an accent to the land. Recently they have shown up in some of my paintings because of the interest I have with the light on and in them.

This was a cloudy day, the gray or shadow on the belly of the cloud was a burgundy or reddish color.

The far trees were adsorbing so much light I was able to dab a bit of yellow and greens.

The morning sun also threw a cast shadow back toward us drawing you into the painting.

This same picture could be a winter snow painting just as easily. Change a few colors, more blues and browns, less brightness and voila! A winter scene maybe add a red bird or two.

Well as always dip in and get your brushes wet!

0 comments:

Post a Comment