Thursday, November 10, 2016

Few Colors - Big impact!

I wanted to paint this with just a few colors. Browns and Blues  with Yellow as an accent.

These Birch trees are a neat design, and in my mind, I remember them from our trips to Canada and Michigan when I was a kid. We would go north to fish and hunt and explore the great outdoors.

Some of you have seen my river and beaver dam painting and the lighthouse on Pt. Betsie plus all the birch trees I've painted.

I tried to show the far horizon with the woods on the hills in this one. I used the masking fluid to protect the trees and leaves. Then I can paint the brighter colors. And the details are added later.

I hope this encourages you to try painting with watercolors or even acrylics just to get a feel for the colors and relaxing time it is. Let all take a minute and sketch out something and paint it just to see what happens!

0 comments:

Post a Comment