Friday, November 18, 2016

One more Cloud!

This cloud has so much character. I like the way it curves back in the picture.

These dunes are amazing, I have painted them in several ways. With watercolor they are transparent and the dark bushes and reeds are a great accent!

When I paint sky and clouds with watercolors I try to just suggest the shapes with cobalt blue and then use ultramarine very wet as a shadow. This way you can build a cloud shape and again suggest what you are painting.

Some people tell me that clouds are hard to paint but I think it depends on the medium, oil, acrylic, or watercolor. With oil you can add it over your painted background sky, the same with acrylic. but watercolor you have to leave your paper more of a white or "Raw"  state.

So today one more cloud. Keep looking up and check it out!

0 comments:

Post a Comment