Saturday, November 19, 2016

Going to the Beach

This is from a picture of my grand daughters. This picture is perfect for a painting. there is movement, there is a cool sky, and a bridge!

The first painting I did was the one on the far right. The shadows and the colors of the girls dresses were very interesting, but as I looked even harder at the picture I noticed other things in the shapes and shadows. So I did the one on the left. I think the detail and colors hit the mark with that painting.

I like these paintings so much because the older girl is helping her little sister up the path. In life that is the way it should be, sisters helping one another thru life!

The little painting in the middle is just a slap-dash with color and form. I still tried to retain the feeling of the overall painting.

Well today's a great day to be indoors and work in the studio. Outside the wind is blowing and a little while ago we had strong snow flurries. Hello winter! ugh!

0 comments:

Post a Comment