Thursday, November 3, 2016

Pumpkin Painting Coming up

Today if everything goes well, I am going to paint a watercolor of a pumpkin. I remember in grade (1950's) school we would paint a pilgrim, or a turkey, or a Thanksgiving scene.
 I now realize why we did that, it was so the teacher could have five minutes alone or with a little bit of quiet while we colored our cut out turkey. You know the one where you draw around your hand and then the thumb is the head and nose. The fingers are the feathers. Pumpkins were so simple draw a circle and paint it orange put eyes and a mouth Bamb!

Well today I hope to elevate my "pumpkin" in to a work of art. At least I want to use everything I have been talking about with the shadows and light.  I think that will fun and I will post it soon.


0 comments:

Post a Comment