Sunday, November 13, 2016

Dark to Light Flowers

This one of my first acrylic paintings. I used a dark green and brown for a third of the painting, and then used a cream color of left over house paint on the top half of the painting.

Pulling out some of the green and yellows for the leaves and vines in the back ground creates more interest. The blues and yellow are in harmony with the top half of the painting and the darker browns and reds pick up the lower half of the painting.

The white daisy's and baby's breath pop the other colors, with a rigger brush I pulled up some vines and weeds.

The last thing you do in a painting is the first thing people see and the accents on the yellow flowers and the white daisy are the last things done.

For a first try I think it was okay. I now see so many things I would change and do differently.

The point is just start!!!

0 comments:

Post a Comment