Saturday, November 5, 2016

Fall Color Across the Way

These little watercolors are so much fun, This is across the road from our house and they just harvested the bean field. I can see the land contour an undulations roll.  

This is a little abstract and not real defined. A loose impression of the subject.

The farther away something is the more faint or light it is, it has a bit of atmosphere in between you and the subject you're looking at. I notice this every time we travel down I-75 to Florida. When we go thru the mountains in Kentucky and Tennessee those far away hills are almost blue and indistinct on the horizon.

These trees are closer and the far trees are only about a mile or two away. This was under-painted with ultra marine blue, and the tree line with cad yellow. The field was painted with raw sienna and yellow. I kept it wet so the sky would have movement. The fields would also blend and move.

I hope you like these little watercolor sketches. I have a few more.

0 comments:

Post a Comment