Friday, November 4, 2016

Pumpkin by the Door

Here is the pumpkin I was talking about yesterday. This one is setting by an old door and stone wall, I like so many elements of this painting.

First its by and old door, one that is rotten at the bottom. Next it is by a stone wall of various colors and shades. The tints of paint blending to make an old faded stone wall.
Then the Pumpkin is shaded and highlighted setting near the building.

I used masking fluid to cover the white brace board on the door and the pumpkin. Masking fluid is so cool to use because I can cover important parts of my watercolor paper and then later add the elements I want in a lighter or protected area.

As for the composition of this painting it is simple. The white board leads your eyes to the pumpkin then back to the door. Also with the main design, the pumpkin, I have kept it to the right of the picture and lower in the whole painting. This creates an area where you want to look and then you're able to see the whole painting.

Well lets paint more pumpkins this next few days and get ready to eat some Turkey.

0 comments:

Post a Comment