Sunday, November 20, 2016

Super Moon

The last few days in Northern Ohio and the Northeast United States we saw the Moon like never before.

The sun and moon have been a subject of many paintings even as far back as caveman times. The stars and other heavenly bodies have always fascinated artists as well as  the average man and woman.

One of my favorite sky paintings of course is Van Gogh's "Stary Night".
This is a watercolor of the super moon we've been watching.

I could also see this as a winter scene or a Christmas card. I could add a pine tree or two and bam! I could have also made a northern light painting out of this with colors reflecting upward.

This was a fun wet on wet project I left the moon dry till the very end of the painting. I wanted it to be a Harvest type moon feeling.

Well lets keep looking up!

0 comments:

Post a Comment