Sunday, September 2, 2018

Copy Cat

Artist will draw anything anytime. Manet had a cat so he  drew it. I have dogs and I try to draw them. I saw this drawing of Manet's so I drew it.

I guess artist draw, writers write, and singers sing. If you have a passion to do something ...do it. I couldn't help but to draw this, or really copy it. His hangs in the Met mine is in my house.

Manet was criticized for painting so dark when he did a few cats in his later paintings. But this has air and we feel the animal sleeping, it was drawn in 1861.

Manet is sometimes identified with the Impressionist movement but he never was in any shows with them. He did hang out with them. Yet he was very aloof and critical of some of their works.

I think he did it to spur them on. Monet and he were not that great of friends.

So lets draw our pets or someone else's pets. Keep your pets fed and your brushes wet.

0 comments:

Post a Comment