Thursday, July 19, 2018

Lovey Dovey

As early as I can remember I have heard Morning doves coo in the morning and evening. We have a pair living out  on the south end of the property.

As I looked  out the window Tuesday last I saw this dove on the lid of my BBQ cooker. Quickly I began to draw, and this is what resulted.

I talked about Leonardo Da Vinci and his innovations, but the truth is he had an eye  for things. He studied birds to the  point of had it been a few hundred years later he could have been the inventor of flight. He saw how their wings worked and how the air slipped over the wings.

He drew hundreds of different types of birds. Big to little the style of tails, wings, and feathers.

Me on the other hand not so much. I do quick sketching and color. Then I move on to the next thing.

Keep some bird seed, and get your brushes wet.

0 comments:

Post a Comment