Friday, July 20, 2018

Trees from Life

Yesterday morning I sat out on the porch and began to draw the trees on the edge of the property. The sketch pad was filling up with several drawings.  I looked to the right of a group of trees I had just drawn and saw this dead branch. It had interest, and drama. Quickly I laid this out.

Rather than draw all the dark or light behind the tree I just did the darks as they appeared in front of the limbs. Very unintentionally it created this arc. I worked on the limbs and trunk of the tree. I shaded the dark side and left the right side as a highlight.

The fun of this drawing is seeing how it comes together. Tapping and using cross hatching for the leaves.

By drawing from nature I always learn some thing. I surprise myself. If you can try it go out and paint or draw.

Keep your brushes wet and draw on.

0 comments:

Post a Comment