Tuesday, July 3, 2018

Reading and Drawing

This is the summer of the Great America Read. So far this week I have read 4 books on the reading list.
( Go to Great American Read for the full list.) There is every kind of good book in there for you  to read but I would like to take the challenge a little bit further.

Read then draw a scene, this picture is from a book I read a few weeks ago, "People of the Lakes" By the Gears. It is northern Michigan at the Sault St. Marie near where the bridge is now.

I saw the scene described in my minds eye and had to draw the place. Now as a child of 12 I went to it with my parents. As for me I was more interested in the Indian and native American forts and camps. Of course later the British, French, and American peoples came and fought over the land. This area is full of history.

But how fun to Read and Draw, try it and you will enjoy your books even More!

Keep your brushes wet and your  pages dry.

0 comments:

Post a Comment