Sunday, December 11, 2016

Fall Cabin

This Watercolor is a quick study about composition with trees and the cabin. I think about the time we stayed in Tennessee near Gatlinburg in a cabin like this. I know they just had a terrible forest fire with much destruction and loss of life.

But this was better times. The fall color, the birch trees, and the fence in the rise. With just a dash of color you can add depth or change the slope of the land. You can add different colors for a spring time scene or no color for winter plus the blues and grays for that cold feeling.

I am always amazed at what it takes to do one of these quick studies, sometimes I just start and in no time I have a piece done and ready to do another just as quick.

Well in the Northern part of the United States we have lots of snow and cold weather so I'll stay inside and paint the rest of the day.

Look for your little cabin to stay in especially if its cold outside.


0 comments:

Post a Comment